SCIENCE Online Exhibition Video





"Root" Encaustic on 14" x 11" panel
Kristin Swenson-Lintault



My work titled "Root" has been selected as part of an online exhibition titled "SCIENCE" at Linus Galleries in Pasadena and Long Beach, CA. A live collective show is scheduled in 2015.


Contact Linus Galleries at 310-491-0269 for purchase inquiries.


Click on video to see exhibition images. My work is at 2:11.



Exhibition Statement: Kristin Swenson-Lintault

My process has been varied but I have always been inspired to create work that deals with extracting the essence of some aspect of nature with an emphasis on abstraction, color, surface and layering. This encaustic piece titled “Root” has a direct connection to my studio location in the Pacific Northwest where moss grows prolifically and I am heavily influenced by plant color and texture.
“Root” is part of an ongoing series titled “Inside Out” examining origins, connections and lifelines. I use my interest in fiber/textiles and natural forms to build a range of imagery derived from trees, bonsai, roots, labyrinths, veins, umbilical cords, plant cells, knots, skeins, and sacred ropes to suggest strength, vitality, continuum, nourishment, and ancestral links.






No comments:

Post a Comment